How do I get my driver’s license reinstated after the Court has it suspended?

Before the Clearwater Municipal Court can request for reinstatement of your driver’s license, all other fines, costs and fees due to the City of Clearwater must be paid first, along with the mandatory reinstatement fee. The reinstatement fees are $59 for each charge against you, along with a $22 surcharge, both of which are assessed by the State of Kansas. For example, if you have a speeding ticket and failure to use turn signal, then the fee would be $81 each, or a total of $162.

Upon payment of all amounts due, the Clerk will forward to the State of Kansas, (via electronic transmission) an Order Withdrawing Suspension. The Court forwards the reinstatement fee to the State. It takes approximately five to seven days for the State to complete the suspension withdrawal. Should you drive while your license is suspended, you can be arrested and taken to jail.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I talk to about my case?
2. Can I speak with the Judge before my court date?
3. Can I speak with the City Prosecutor before my court date?
4. Can I pay my ticket before coming to Court?
5. Can I obtain an extension for first appearance or payment?
6. Can I pay my fine in installment payments?
7. What are administrative fees and court costs and why must I pay them?
8. Do I need an attorney?
9. Can I have a court-appointed attorney?
10. What happens if I miss a court date?
11. Do you offer diversions on traffic tickets?
12. How do I get my driver’s license reinstated after the Court has it suspended?
13. Can my spouse come to court for me?
14. When I come to court on my first appearance, do I need to provide evidence or witnesses?
15. What do I wear to court?