Do you offer diversions on traffic tickets?

The Clearwater Municipal Court does not normally offer diversion on traffic tickets. Although, it is possible that at the time of a defendant’s appearance before the Court, if they request to speak to the City Prosecutor about their charges, these charges can be reduced to a lesser charge.

This is entirely at the prosecutor’s discretion and the fine for said reduction will usually be higher than that of the original charge. These reduced charges sometimes are considered a non-moving violation and do not go against your driving record.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I talk to about my case?
2. Can I speak with the Judge before my court date?
3. Can I speak with the City Prosecutor before my court date?
4. Can I pay my ticket before coming to Court?
5. Can I obtain an extension for first appearance or payment?
6. Can I pay my fine in installment payments?
7. What are administrative fees and court costs and why must I pay them?
8. Do I need an attorney?
9. Can I have a court-appointed attorney?
10. What happens if I miss a court date?
11. Do you offer diversions on traffic tickets?
12. How do I get my driver’s license reinstated after the Court has it suspended?
13. Can my spouse come to court for me?
14. When I come to court on my first appearance, do I need to provide evidence or witnesses?
15. What do I wear to court?