Who can I talk to about my case?

Concerns about the actions of a police officer should be taken up with the Chief of Police, 316-584-2349. However, he will not comment on the validity of a ticket/charge nor will he take legal action on your behalf (such as voiding the ticket).

The Court Clerk will be happy to explain the court’s rules and procedures, and give other general information that you may need. She cannot give advice nor discuss particulars of the case with persons not directly involved.

Questions about plea bargains, reduction of charges, sentencing alternatives should be taken up with the City Prosecutor at the time of hearing. You may be required to set the matter for court so the prosecutor will speak with you.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I talk to about my case?
2. Can I speak with the Judge before my court date?
3. Can I speak with the City Prosecutor before my court date?
4. Can I pay my ticket before coming to Court?
5. Can I obtain an extension for first appearance or payment?
6. Can I pay my fine in installment payments?
7. What are administrative fees and court costs and why must I pay them?
8. Do I need an attorney?
9. Can I have a court-appointed attorney?
10. What happens if I miss a court date?
11. Do you offer diversions on traffic tickets?
12. How do I get my driver’s license reinstated after the Court has it suspended?
13. Can my spouse come to court for me?
14. When I come to court on my first appearance, do I need to provide evidence or witnesses?
15. What do I wear to court?