Animal Control

The City of Clearwater has a part-time animal control officer who handles all types of animal complaints on an as needed basis for the City.

Report of Animal Complaint

The Clearwater Police Department has an Animal Control Officer who handles found dogs or dog at large issues, as well as a variety of other animal complaints. If a dog is running at large, please contact the Clearwater Police Department at 620-584-2349 to speak with an officer. If the officer is unavailable dial 911, at which time a dispatcher will answer, take the necessary information and contact the on duty officer.

Lost Dogs

Furthermore, if you have lost your dog you can contact the police department who can keep the information available should someone report a found dog. In the alternative, you can also contact City Hall at 620-584-2311 or the Wichita Animal Shelter at 316-838-9623 to see if our animal control officer has taken your dog to the shelter.

Licensing & Tagging Dogs

Pursuant to Clearwater City Ordinance number 722, the city requires all dogs over the age of 6 months to be licensed and tagged. The tags issued will help identify your dog should it become lost or found. Further should you come across an animal that appears to be vicious or sick, please contact 911 immediately so the appropriate officer can be contacted.

Number of Dogs & Cats Allowed

The City of Clearwater does not have an ordinance concerning cats running at large; however, does have an ordinance that states “it shall be unlawful for any person to have more than three dogs or three cats, or a combination of dogs and cats that total more than five, over the age of six months at any one premises or location.”